1. The 8th edition of Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2017 (VGS-17) was organized from January 10-13, 2017 at Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat. The central focus of the Summit was “Sustainable Economic and Social Development”.
2. The focus areas for the VGS 2017 were Aerospace & Defence, Agro & Food Processing, Biotechnology, Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Electronic System Design & Manufacturing (ESDM), Engineering, Environment, Gems & Jewellery, Healthcare, Innovation and R & D, IT-Ites, Mega Projects, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Pharmaceuticals, Ports & Maritime sector, Renewable Energy, Road Transport, Skill Development, Textile, Tourism and Urban Development.
3. During the summit, almost 50 MoUs were signed which were worth over USD 600 million (approx.) while 133 MoUs were for investment in the range of USD 100- 600 million
4. VGS 2017 was embellished by 12 partner countries, by the presence of HOSs/HOGs of Portugal, Kenya, Rwanda, Serbia, and Deputy Prime Ministers of Poland and Russia, along with business and political leaders from over 100 countries.
5. Further details of the summit can be accessed from http://www.vibrantgujarat.com and http://www.indextb.com
Hon’ble Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi distributed Aids and Assistive Devices in Samajik Adhikarita Camp: Three Guinness World records created
The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India had organised a mega camp for distribution of aids and assistive devices in Navsari, Gujarat on 17th September 2016 which was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi.
At this mega camp, three Guinness World Records were made. This was the biggest Assistance to Disabled Persons (ADIP) camp in the history of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), in which more than 11330 beneficiaries with disabilities were provided with various aids and assistive devices.
A brief note on this programme issued by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities is enclosed.