SIM cards for the Foreign Tourists arriving in India with the e-tourist visa facility.
Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism and Culture, launched the initiative of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India for providing pre-loaded SIM Card to foreign tourists arriving in India on e-Visa here today. Addressing on the occasion, he said that this unique initiative will facilitate the foreign tourists in communicating with their acquaintances immediately after their arrival in India. Earlier, the Ministry of Tourism had also launched a 24 x 7 Tourist Helpline 1800111363 in Twelve languages so that the foreign tourists can get the required information in their own language. The Minister presented the First Kit containing SIM to a representative of Travel and Tourism sector. Shri Vinod Zutshi, Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Shri J.S. Deepak, Secretary, Ministry of Communications and senior officers were present on the occasion.
This initiative has been launched in association with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd., (BSNL), wherein BSNL would distribute pre-loaded SIM Cards to foreign tourists arriving in India on e-Visa. This facility will be initially available in the Indira Gandhi International Airport (T3 Terminal), New Delhi and later cover remaining 15 international airports, where e-Visa facility is currently available.
To avail pre-loaded SIM Card, BSNL will collect e-Visa copy and the first page of passport from foreign tourists on arrival at the airport. This facility is only available for tourists arriving in India on e-Visa. SIM cards will be pre-loaded with a value of Rs. 50 talk time and 50 MB data and will be activated on immediate basis so as to enable them use this facility instantly. This initiative is also aimed at providing connectivity to foreign tourists to enable them to stay in touch with their near and dear ones and also help them to contact with the 24x7 Multi lingual toll free helpline of Ministry of Tourism (1800-11-1363) for any assistance and guidance during times of distress / medical emergency, etc.
Features and follow up steps for activation of pre-loaded SIM Card as approved by BSNL is given below:
Features and Follow up Steps for Activation of SIM Card
· This SIM is having A free Talk time of Rs. 50 and 50 MB Data.
· These SIMs are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of activation or e-Visa expiry date which ever is earlier. The mobile connection gets auto disconnected.
· Handover copy of your e-Tourist Visa and Passport at the counter. You are also requested to sign an acknowledgment against the receipt of Welcome Kit and Free SIM.
· After inserting the SIM in your mobile, send SMS to 9440087000 in the following format ACT , e.g. <00074158945> <16-Feb-2017>, where expiry date is the date of expiry of e-Visa.
· Within an hour, you will be informed through SMS about the activation of SIM, along with details of your mobile no./e-Visa no/expiry date. However, immediately on receipt of SIM Card at the airport, tourist can make out going calls.
· For further enhancing your usage value/recharge, you may visit websitehttp://portal2.bsnl.in/myportal/quickrecharge.do or download My BSNLApp from Google Play.
· On the recharge page in the above website, you are required to fill in the relevant fields and where the option to fill up state/circle is asked, please select from the drop down box.