1. VFS Global India Pvt Ltd is the service provider for visa services of Embassy of India, Berne. Details are available at http://in.vfsglobal.ch
2. The India Visa Application Centre (IVAC) is being operated by M/s VFS at the following address:
India Visa Application Centre (IVAC), Weststrasse 2, 3005 Berne
Important Note : No payment should be made in favour of Embassy of India, Berne. Please check the website of India Visa Application Centre (http://in.vfsglobal.ch) or different modes of payment.
3. Visa application can be submitted to IVAC from 0830 Hrs. to 1400 Hrs. in the following manner:
(a) On-line applications – passport/documents can be sent later by post or submitted in person by taking on-line appointments.
(b) Postal applications complete in all respects , other than those falling under the jurisdiction of Consulate General of India, Geneva namely Neuchätel, Lausanne, Nyon, Valais, Vaud, Montreaux and Geneva may be addressed to India Visa Application Centre, VFS Global India Pvt Ltd, Weststrasse 2, 3005 Bern.
(c) Walk-in applicants can submit their applications at the centre.
(d) hrough Travel Agents.
4. Consulate General of India, Geneva is also covered under the current outsourcing of visa applications and hence all applicants who are residents of Neuchatel, Lausanne, Nyon, Valais, Vaud, Montreaux and Geneva areas should submit applications directly at India Visa Application Centre, 70 Rue de Lausanne, 1202 Genève,
5.The Diplomatic/Official/UN passport holders may submit their applications for visas to the Embassy of India, Berne directly. The following documents are required to be submitted:
i) Filled in application form (available on the website http://in.vfsglobal.ch
ii) Original Diplomatic/Official/UN passport.
iii) Two recent, full-face clear photos with plain light background, one pasted in the box on the front page and other clipped at the top right corner of the application form.
iv) Original Diplomatic Note (Note Verbale) from the relevant Mission stating applicant’s position, purpose of visit and authorised signature.
6. The VFS Global India Services Pvt. Limited has been authorised to charge a service fee of CHF 6.80 inclusive of VAT/local taxes per application over and above the normal visa fees fixed by the Embassy of India, Berne. Postal/Bank/Agency charges, wherever applicable, will be additional and borne by the applicant.
7. Applicants should make travel arrangements only after obtaining appropriate visa. The processing time for visas in normal cases will be 2-3 working days and in some cases it may take longer (for details refer ‘processing time’ for visas on website (http://in.vfsglobal.ch).
8. Link to India Visa Application Centre, VFS Global India Pvt Ltd http://in.vfsglobal.ch
Call Centre No. 0900 000018 (premium number)*
* Per call charged at CHF 1.95 from Monday to Friday during working hours.
9. Please note that validity of visa starts from the date of issue and not from the date of travel.
10. Visa fee once received is not refundable even if the visa application is withdrawn or visa is not granted.
11. Immigration in India is the sole authority in respect of grant of entry into India in spite of having a valid visa.
12. The Embassy is not responsible for documents/applications lost in mail.